On the Subject of Alchemy
Turning lead into gold? I wish I could turn this bomb into gold so I wouldn’t have to defuse it!
The buttons in the shape of a pentagon in the top left will attune the circle to certain elemental frequencies. Press the buttons to select a frequency. (See Appendix F.M.A.2 for the colours and their frequencies)
The buttons around the main circle will inscribe runes to the main circle. Pressing these buttons while the circle isn’t ready for them will incur a strike.
The Re-Draw button will clear the circle, but inscribe a random rune to the center. It will also rearrange the positions of the rune buttons around the circle. Pressing Re-Draw while the circle isn’t ready will incur a strike.
You should only press Submit when necessary, pressing it at an incorrect time will cause a strike and reset the module.
A circle is IMPERFECT if any of the following is true:
- CREATION is directly across from TERRA.
- HEVA is adjacent to META.
- FIRE is in the leftmost position, and the last digit of the serial number is even.
Step 1: If the circle is perfect, proceed to step 2. If the circle is imperfect, follow the substeps below until the circle is perfect.
- If HEVA is in the top left position, press MIND, and then press Re-Draw.
- Otherwise, if CREATION is in the bottom right position, press LIFE, and then press Re-Draw.
- Otherwise, if TERRA is in the rightmost position, press ENERGY, and then press Re-Draw.
- Otherwise, if STRUCOTA is in the leftmost position, press MATTER, and then press Re-Draw.
- Otherwise, if FIRE is in the bottom left position, press FLAMES, and then press Re-Draw.
- Otherwise, press Re-Draw without selecting a frequency and check if the circle is perfect.