On the Subject of Bamboozled Again
This module consists of six colo(u)r buttons, each with a line of text written on them, and a
screen that displays a message that is broken into eight parts.
Each part of the message is encrypted using three key values: A, B and, C in the following way:
- Each character, including spaces, is shifted A characters to the left.
(0 ≤ A < No. of characters in text)
- A pair of symbols is appended to the ends of the text.
- Each character, including symbols, is Caesar shifted B letters/symbols forwards. (0 < B ≤ 26)
- The text is transcribed using one of six different sets of glyphs; the set used gives the C value.
Each unencrypted text, excluding texts 2 and 4, have values that are modified by an operation corresponding to that text's colo(u)r.
Using these values, together with A, B, and C, gives the final value of each text.
Each button has an initial value, given by its colo(u)r and the text written on it.
Using these values, together with the final values of the display texts, gives the final value of each button.
The correct buttons to push are given by their final values.
Use the text on the buttons, their colo(u)rs, and the symbols added to each of the display texts at step 2 of the encryption, to find the correct times to push the buttons.
Pushing a button will cause an LED to turn on. Once all four LEDs are on, the inputs will be submitted.
The LEDs will change colo(u)r according to the submitted inputs:
- (G)reen - The correct button was pressed at the right time.
- (Y)ellow - The correct button was pressed at the wrong time.
- (R)ed - The wrong button was pressed.
If all four LEDs turn (g)reen, the module is solved.
Otherwise, if none of the LEDs turn (r)ed, the module will reset but a strike will not be issued.
Otherwise, the module will reset and a strike will be issued.
Additional module info:
The LEDs can be pressed at any time to affect the display cycle:
- Left - Cycles to the previous text while paused.
- Mid-left - Resumes automatic text cycling.
- Mid-Right - Pauses text cycling
- Right - Cycles to the next text while paused.
Please refer to the original manual for full instructions.
Some words are in brackets for ease to search decrypted text.