On the Subject of Barcode Cipher
I didn't realise we were going shopping.
- You are presented with 3 barcodes, a 6 digit number on a display, and an input display that cycles from the numbers 0 to 9.
- To solve the module, you must input a number for each barcode.
- Upon inputting a number for a barcode, both displays will hide their respective information.
- Upon receiving a strike, they will become visible again.
- Each barcode refers to a piece of edgework (refer to Table 1).
- Find the count of the edgework each barcode refers to (in the case of "Serial Number", use the sum of all the characters, using A1Z26 for letters).
- To find the numbers for each barcode, you must first split the 6-digit number displayed into three 2-digit numbers.
- Convert the first 2-digit number with the product of the first barcode number and the sum of the digits of the 6-digit display to binary, apply the XOR operation to each bit, and convert back to decimal. Repeat this step for the next 2-digit number and next barcode number.
- Modulo all of these numbers with (the last digit of the serial number % 5 + 5)
- Submit each number by changing the input display to the input number, then pressing the respective barcode.