On the Subject of Basegate
Based and gatepilled.
- This module contains four colored switches and a 3×3 grid of hatches. Once a hatch is opened, the dial underneath it can be turned to one of four cardinal directions.
- There is one calculated number to be inputted 3 times: Once in binary via the switches, once in ternary via the hatches opened, and once in quaternary via the configurations of the dials under them.
- Pressing the round green button submits the current state of the module. A correct submission solves the module. A strike is gained if any correct hatch hasn’t been opened, or the switch or dial configuration is incorrect. Attempting to open an incorrect hatch also strikes.
Calculating the Number:
Take the colors of the top and bottom switches and do the following:
- Find the row of the top switch’s color on the left in the table below.
- Within this row, find the color of the bottom switch, and look at the instruction at the top of this color’s column.
- Also find the color of one of the switches’ sockets in the same row, and move forward in the grid K times, looping to the next row if necessary. The socket to look at and K are defined below.
- Perform the obtained instruction on this new position to get a new color.
Do the same for the left and right switches respectively, then once more using the colors obtained from both of these pairs of switches. This final color is used to calculate the number to be submitted.