On the Subject of Binary Grid
There are 10 types of people in the world : those who understand binary, and those who don’t.
- The module consists of a 5×5 grid of zeroes and ones.
- Each square can be switched between 0 and 1 when pressed, and the original state of the grid can be restored by pressing the “Reset” button.
- The goal is to find the square to submit in three stages.
- To submit an answer, push the “Submit” button and press the square of your choice.
- Submitting an answer or pushing “Submit” again will get you out of submit mode.
- The answer is in two parts : the row and column number.
The first step of solving any stage is to find the primary key of the stage. The key consists of a series of 6 zeroes and ones. At each of the following assertions, if the answer is true, then the corresponding number is 1, otherwise, it is 0.
|First number||Number of ones in the grid is even.|
|Second number||Stage 1 : Number of batteries is even.|
|Stage 2 : There are 2 or more port plates.|
|Stage 3 : There are less than 2 lit indicators.|
|Third number||Stage 1 : Number of ones is superior to the number of zeroes in the grid.|
|Stage 2 : Number of zeroes is superior to the number of ones in the grid.|
|Stage 3 : The number in the center square of the grid is a 1.|
The last three numbers of the key are the same as the first three, with the 0 and 1 switched.