On the Subject of Blaseball
No, but really, where is BNN?
Ahh, another day of Blaseball, the game of [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]. You turn on your monitor to watch a three-game series, but the feed is feedbacking too much to the point where you can’t tell which teams are playing. Your task is to figure out those two teams.
Deducing the Away Team
In order to figure out the away team, one must do the following:
- Convert each letter included in the serial number of the bomb to a number using the A1Z26 cipher (A=1, B=2 ... Z=26), and take the sum to begin calculating your away team total.
- Go to Table A and take the number associated with each of the three Weather types on the module. This should give you three numbers. Add those three to the away team total.
- Modulo the away team total by 26 and find the resulting team in Table B. This will be the away team.
Deducing the Home Team
In order to figure out the home team, one must do the following:
- Take the sum of the numbers included in the serial number of the bomb to begin calculating your home team total.
- Go to Table A and find the letter associated with each of the three Weather types on the bomb. This should give you three letters. Convert them to numbers using the A1Z26 cipher, and add those three to the home team total.
- Modulo the home team total by 24 and find the resulting team in Table B. This will be the home team.
If the Away Team and Home Team are the same, change the Away Team to THE SHELLED ONE'S PODS, and the Home Team to The Hall Stars.