On the Subject of Caesar’s Maths
You thought maths was hard enough? Well now it’s encrypted too.
- This module will display three LEDs and a maths question, encrypted using a Caesar Shift cipher.
- Use the formula below to determine the shift key.
- Decipher the question using the concise table on the next page.
- Select the button with the correct answer to the problem.
- If the answer is a decimal, round down to the nearest integer.
- Choosing an incorrect answer will cause a strike and reset the module.
Caesar Shift key formula:
((6a * bc) - d) mod 26
a = sum of digits in the serial number
b = number of batteries on the bomb + 3
c = number of green LEDs on the module
d = number of red LEDs on the module