On the Subject of Chord Progressions
Who knew this bomb’s manufacturer would be so into music theory.
- A chord will be displayed on the screen near the bottom of the module. Use the following instructions to determine what key the chord is in.
- Using the table below, identify the Roman numeral of the displayed chord within the specific key.
- Use the progression chart to then find where the chord is in the key’s progression, and determine which chord should come next. Note that the curved arrow following the I leads back to the beginning of the chart.
- Find the chord’s type by once again using the table below, and input that chord type into the module using the buttons above and below the two square screens in the middle.
- Press the submit button to submit your answer.
Determining the Key
- If the first letter of the serial number is between A and G, then the key is D.
- Otherwise, if the bomb has an unlit SIG indicator, then they key is E♭.
- Otherwise, if the bomb has a lit IND indicator, then the key is F.
- Otherwise, if the bomb has an RJ-45 port, then the key is G.
- Otherwise, if there are more than two AA batteries on the bomb, then the key is A.
- Otherwise, if there are two or more of the same type of port on the bomb, then the key is B♭.
- Otherwise, the key is C.