On the Subject of the Conjugated Matrix Bifid CM
A machine that knows no bounds when it comes to ciphers.
Create a key using the keyword on screen 1 and the Boolean Expression on screen A. Make sure to replace any Js with Is. Rearrange the key into a 5×5 matrix. This will be called Matrix A.
Create a 2nd matrix by doing the same steps to create Matrix A but with the keyword on screen 2 and the Boolean Expression on screen B. This will be called Matrix B.
If the Submit Button is white, follow the instructions under Encrypt Instructions. Otherwise follow the instructions under Decrypt Instructions.
- Find each letter of the encrypted word in Matrix A to get a row/col pair.
- Write the row/col pair of each letter so that the top number is the row and the bottom number is the column, writing it to the right of any previous row/col pairs
- Read the entire number string in reading order, splitting it into a new set of row/col pairs.
- For each row/col pair, use it in Matrix B to get a new letter.
- Find each letter of the encrypted word in Matrix B to get a row/col pair.
- Write the row/col pair of each letter, creating a digit string that is twice as long as the encrypted word.
- Cut the digit string in half, placing the 2nd half of digits under the 1st half, creating a new set of row/col pairs, top to bottom, left to right.
- For each row/col pair, use it in Matrix A to get a new letter.
Finally, if any of the letters on screen 3 match at the same position as any of the letters of your encrypted word, replace that letter with a J. You should now have an decrypted word.