On the Subject of the Cube CM
A machine that knows no bounds when it comes to ciphers.
From the Not Kanji module by T-chen/Tepel.
Create a key using the keyword on screen 1 and the Boolean Expression on screen A. Place a # at the end of the key. This will be called Cube A.
Create a 2nd key by doing the same steps to create Cube A but with the keyword on screen 2 and the Boolean Expression on screen B. This will be called Cube B.
Swap the character shown on screen 3 with the #, using the left character for Cube A, and the right character for Cube B.
Rearrange both keys so that it fills an 3×3×3 cube: The first layer of the cube consists of the first 9 letters filled in 3×3 grid in reading order. The 2nd layer consists of the next 9 letters and the 3rd layer consist of the last 9 letters. The row numbers are counted 1-3 from top to bottom. The column numbers are counted 1-3 from left to right.
Concatenate the encrypted word with the characters on screen C in that order. Then split the encrypted word into groups of 3 characters.
If the Submit Button is white, follow the instructions under Encrypt Instructions. Otherwise follow the instructions under Decrypt Instructions.
- Find the 3 letters from the Nth group in Cube B.
- Use the 1st letter as the row, the 2nd letter as the layer, and the 3rd letter as the column. Use this intersection in Cube A to get the 1st decrypted character.
- Use the 1st letter as the column, the 2nd letter as the row, and the 3rd letter as the layer. Use this intersection in Cube A to get the 2nd decrypted character.
- Use the 1st letter as the layer, the 2nd letter as the column, and the 3rd letter as the row. Use this intersection in Cube A to get the 3rd decrypted character.
- The 3 characters you got from the previous step becomes your Nth decrypted group. Do this for each group in the encrypted word to get a decrypted word.