On the Subject of the Mirrored Matrix CM
A machine that knows no bounds when it comes to ciphers.
Take the keyword on screen 1 and replace any Js with Is. Then create a key using the keyword and the Boolean Expression on screen A with an alphabet absent of the letter J. Rearrange the key into a 5×5 matrix. This will be referred to as the Matrix Key.
Turn the letter on screen 2 into a value via the Value Table. Modulo this number by 4 to determine the initial angle of the axis. This will be referred to as the Matrix Axis.
If the Boolean Expression on screen B is true, the indicated direction is clockwise. Otherwise, the indicated direction is counter-clockwise.
If there is a number on screen C, take out the letter at that position in the encrypted word. Set aside this letter to be put back in at a later step.
Split the encrypted word into letter pairs and for each pair, do the following:
- Shift the rows/columns of the Matrix Key so that the 1st letter of the encrypted pair becomes the center of the matrix
- Find the 2nd letter of the encrypted pair in the Matrix Key and decrypt it by reflecting its position over the Matrix Axis.
- However, if this letter is within the Matrix Axis, rotate the Matrix Axis 90 degrees, reflect the letter over that axis, then rotate the Matrix Axis 90 degrees again.
- The letter you end up on becomes your 1st decrypted letter.
- Now shift the rows/columns of the Matrix Key so that the decrypted letter you got from the previous step becomes the center of the matrix.
- Repeat the steps of getting the 2nd decrypted letter by using the 1st letter of the encrypted pair.
- Rotate the Matrix axis 45 degrees in the indicated direction.