On the Subject of the Solitaire CM
A machine that knows no bounds when it comes to ciphers.
Concatenate the characters on screens 1 - 4 in that order. This will be referred to as the Solitaire Key.
If the Submit Button is white, follow the instructions under Encrypt Instructions. Otherwise follow the instructions under Decrypt Instructions.
- Shift the character 1 to the right once in the Solitaire Key, wrapping around if necessary.
- Shift the character 2 to the right twice in the Solitaire Key, wrapping around if necessary.
- Swap the characters to the left of the leftmost number with the characters to the right of the rightmost number in the Solitaire Key.
- Count off the number of characters on the left equal to the alphabetic position (A1Z26) of last character of the Solitaire Key.
- Take these characters and insert them in between the 2nd to last and last character of the Solitaire Key.
- Count off the number of characters on the left equal to the alphabetic position (A1Z26) of the first character of the Solitaire Key.
- Take note of the character AFTER the characters you counted in the Solitaire Key.
- Take the sum of the alphabetic positions (A1Z26) of the Nth encrypted letter and the character you got from the previous step.
- If the result is above 26, subtract 26 until the number is between 1 - 26. Turn the resulting number back into a letter.
- Do this for each letter of the encrypted word to get your decrypted word.