On the Subject of Colorful Dials
Look at all the pretty colors... *Twist* *Twist* *Twist* *Twist*.
- On the module, you will see 3 dials that are black, each with a small screen above it , a larger screen displaying a 3 digit colored number, a submit button on the top left, and 9 square colors.
- The larger screen will display the 3 digit number in different colors.
- Pressing one of the colored squares will toggle it. Pressing a dial with a toggled color will color that dial in that color. There are 8 different colors: (R)ed, (O)range, (Y)ellow, (G)reen, (C)yan, (B)lue, (M)agenta, (P)urple.
- The black square with the X will reset the dials back to black.
- Set each dial to the correct position/color and submit it at the correct time to disarm the module.
- Submitting the wrong combination and/or submitting it at the wrong time will cause it to strike.
Step 1: Initial Colors/Positions
Follow the steps below:
- A: Use the position of the colored square (1 - 8) that is the same color as the nth color of the 3 digit number as a column for the cardinal chart.
- B: Use the color of the nth digit of the 3 digit number as the row for the cardinal chart.
- C: The intersection in the cardinal chart will give you an abbreviated cardinal direction.
- D: Use the nth color and digit of the 3 digit number and find the combination in the color grid below.
- E: Count how many numbers around the nth dial that matches the color as the nth color of the 3 digit number.
- F: Using the cardinal from step C and the number from step E, go in that direction in the grid from the square you found in step D that many times, plus 1. Wrap around the grid as needed.
- G: The new square you end up on becomes the initial color/position of the nth dial.
Do this for each dial/digit to get your initial colors/positions. Paint each dial in that color and set the positions to that number.