On the Subject of Colorful Dials
Look at all the pretty colors... *Twist* *Twist* *Twist* *Twist*.
Step 1: Initial Colors/Positions
Follow the steps below:
- A: Use the position of the colored square (1 - 8) that is the same color as the nth color of the 3 digit number as a column for the cardinal chart.
- B: Use the color of the nth digit of the 3 digit number as the row for the cardinal chart.
- C: The intersection in the cardinal chart will give you a abbreviated cardinal direction.
- D: Use the nth color and digit of the 3 digit number and find the combination in the color grid below.
- E: Count how many numbers around the nth dial that matches the color as the nth color of the 3 digit number.
- F: Using the cardinal from step C and the number from step E, go in that direction in the grid from the square you found in step D that many times, plus 1. Wrap around the grid as needed.
- G: The new square you end up on becomes the initial color/position of the nth dial.
Do this for each dial/digit to get your initial colors/positions. Paint each dial in that color and set the positions to that number.