On the Subject of Colorful Madness
I hope you don’t have chromophobia!
Take the 1st, 3rd and 5th characters of the serial number. These will be your main 3 characters.
If any of your main 3 characters is a letter, convert it to a number:
- Where A = 0, B = 1, C = 2, D = ... etc.
If there are any buttons with both red and yellow colors:
- Add the number of batteries to each of your main 3 digits.
If there are any buttons with 4×4 checkerboards:
- Calculate the difference between the number of such buttons and the number of ports.
- If the number you got is negative, get rid of the negative sign.
- Subtract that number from each of your main 3 digits.
- If any of your 3 main digits is negative, get rid of the negative sign.
If there are any square-on-square buttons:
- Multiply each of your main 3 digits by the number of battery holders plus the number of port plates.
If any of your 3 main digits is greater or equal to 10:
- Subtract 10 from it until it’s smaller than 10.
If the 1st main digit is equal to the 2nd or 3rd main digits:
- Add 1 to the 1st digit until it’s not equal to the 2nd nor 3rd digits.
- If the 1st main digit reaches 10, convert it to 0.
If the 2nd main digit is equal to the 1st or 3rd main digits:
- Subtract 1 from the 2nd digit until it’s not equal to the 1st nor 3rd digits.
- If the 2nd main digit reaches -1, convert it to 9.
- Add 1 to each of your main 3 digits.
- Positions are determined starting from the top-left, going left-to-right and top-to-bottom starting from number 1.
- Finally, press the buttons in the positions indicated by your 3 main digits, alongside with their counterparts that have the same pattern but with the colors reversed.