On the Subject of Complicated Wires
These wires aren’t like the others. Some have stripes! That makes them completely different. The good news is that we’ve found a concise set of instructions on what to do about it! Maybe too concise...
See Appendix B for battery identification reference.
See Appendix C for port identification reference.
- Look at each wire: there is an LED above the wire and a space for a "★" symbol below the wire.
- For each wire/LED/symbol combination, use the table below to decide whether or not to cut the wire.
- Each wire may be striped with multiple colors.
- ✓ = cut the wire.
- ✗ = don’t cut the wire.
- ≥2B = cut the wire if there are at least 2 batteries.
- even = cut the wire if the last digit of the serial number is even.
- P = cut the wire if there is a parallel port.