On the Subject of Congkak
Saya bertarung kamu tidak tahu apa maksud ayat ini disebabkan bahasanya bukan bahasa Inggeris.
This module has a Congkak board on it, and inside its holes are several seeds.
Congkak is a Malaysian variant of the board game Mancala, where the aim is to gain as many seeds as possible to your store.
To solve the module, choose a hole to play such that you can gain the maximum number of seeds in your store and your holes.
Refer to Appendix C for the rules of Congkak.
- Each player controls the seven holes on the side of the board. Your holes are the holes on the board that are closer to you.
- The big holes on the board are the stores. Your store is the big hole on the bottom right, while the other hole is your opponent's store.
- Both players begin simultaneously by selecting a hole to scoop up all the seeds in one of the seven holes on their sides.
- Each drops a seed into the next hole and continues clockwise depositing one seed into every hole thereafter. A player drops a seed into his store each time he passes it but does not deposit any into his opponent’s store.
- How the game continues, depends on where the last seed of each scoop is deposited.
- If the last seed drops into a hole (on either side of the board) containing seeds, the player scoops up all the seeds in that hole and continues distributing them as described above.
- If the last seed drops into the player’s own store, the player forfeits his turn and stops playing. It is the opponent's turn now to distribute the seeds.
- If the last seed drops into the player's empty hole, the player is entitled to collect the seeds in his opponent's hole directly opposite his own. These seeds collected from his opponent's holes together with his last seed are deposited in his own store. If the opponent's store opposite his own is empty, he deposits only his last seed in his own store. He forfeits his turn and stops playing. It is the opponent's turn now to distribute the seeds.
- If the seed drops into an empty hole belonging to the opponent, the player forfeits his turn and stops playing. It is the opponent's turn to distribute the seeds.