On the Subject of Cruel Boolean Maze's RNG
When RNG still ruins attempts.
Refer to the original manual for the original instructions.
- Create 6 values from the serial number by convert letters of the serial number into their A1Z26 equivalents and taking the last digit of each.
- Take the 3rd value and use this as the row. Then take the 4th value and use this as the column. This intersection is the Starting Location.
- Take the 5th value and use this as the row. Then take the 6th value and use this as the column. This intersection is the Ending Location.
- If the Ending Location is initially on "0" or "3" group, examine the originally displayed digit. Where 0 = UP, 1 = RIGHT, 2 = DOWN, 3 = LEFT, move 1 step in that direction dictated by the displayed digit until the Ending Location no longer refers to those specific groups, wrapping around to the other side of the grid upon reading the edge.
- Now take the first and second values and subtract 5 from each of those if any are greater than 4. The first will be the row in the Not Grid; the second will be the column. This intersection is the Current Location in the Not Grid.
- If the user's current position is on "NOT" in the Not Grid, find any adjacent cell that does NOT contain the displayed value. Otherwise, find any adjacent cell that contains the displayed value. If there are none, press STUCK?, otherwise move 1 step in that direction by pressing the U, R, L, D buttons.
- Movements performed on the Maze will be carried over onto the Not Grid in a similar fashion.
- Leaving the edge of the maze will wrap the user around the other side of the maze. Likewise, leaving the edge of the Not Grid will wrap the user around the other side of the Not Grid.
- Pressing RESET will to the starting position for both the Not Grid and the Maze. The final ending location will NOT change.