On the Subject of Cruel Boolean Maze
Hey, you guys wanted a wraparound maze right?
This module contains four movement keys U,L,R,D, a STUCK? key, a RESET! key and a display which will display a random integer between 0 and 3. If the buttons on the module are not red then you are looking at a different module.
Tips for Success
- In order to solve this module, travel from the starting point to the ending point.
- Starting Location: (3rd,4th) positions of the serial
- Ending Location: (5th,6th) positions of the serial
- Make sure to convert letters to numbers (A = 1, B = 2, ...) and take their value modulo 10.
- The starting and ending locations will be in (row,column) format, with the top left space of the maze being (0,0).
- Convert the number on the display to 2-digit binary.
- Use U,L,R,D to move Up, Left, Right, and Down respectively.
- A move is considered legal only if, upon using the two digits of the display in binary as the two inputs for the logic gate in the adjacent space, the result would be 1. (See Appendix A)
- If you attempt to enter a space, and the logic gate would return a 0, you will receive a strike and you will not be moved.
- You may leave the edges of the maze. You will wrap around to the other side of the maze.
- If you have no legal moves you can press STUCK? to change the display until you can move again, but be careful, using this when you have a legal move will result in a strike and you will be reset back to the start.
- If you think you may be lost you can press RESET! to reset back to the starting position.
- Before making your first move, determine your position in the Not Grid.
- Starting Location in Not Grid: (1st,2nd) positions of the serial
- Make sure to convert letters to numbers (A = 1, B = 2, ...) and take their value modulo 5.