On the Subject of Cruel Stars
You are presented with 5 main buttons, 3 randomized digits that can be toggled using the gray button, a clear button at the bottom right of the module, and a submit button.
- To solve this module, you must press the buttons in the correct order following the rules below.
Step 1: Initial position
You will be moving through the table below an amount of times equal to the second digit in the serial number (0 becomes 10), and appending or prepending sets of numbers based on rules. You must write down the sets after every movement (Make sure to include the initial position in your string). Possible table movements include, left, right, up, down, diagonal, diametric opposite, and 90° clockwise/counterclockwise. Every movement except for diametric opposite move according to the second digit of the serial number (the table loops around).
You must append to your string if there are more even than odd digits within the 3 center digits, and prepend otherwise.
Start by taking the first and last letters of the serial number (row and column respectively) and turn them into their base-36 equivalent, modulo 8.
- If the bomb has a lit BOB indicator, the letters L and W in the serial number, and a regular "Stars" module present, disregard any rules and input "115111541151115411511154543543211151115411511154115111544545451". Willeh did the job for you.
Step 2: Table movements
- If the displayed word ends in a vowel (Y not included) move right. Otherwise, move southwest.
- If the displayed word has 6 letters, move to the position diametrically opposite of your current position. Otherwise, move up.
- If the displayed word's first letter is between I - U (inclusive) move northeast. Otherwise, move left.
- If the displayed word contains a "T", move northwest. Otherwise, move down.