On the Subject of Derivatives
Do you remember high school maths? Time to find out.
This module requires an internet connection to work.*
Solve the module by solving all differential equations, normal mathematical rules apply.
You will need to solve the equations an amount of times equal to the bomb’s starting time (in minutes) divided by 3, rounded up (max 10).
Entering the incorrect answer for an equation will cause a strike, but will still count as solving the equation.
Assume x is positive.
- Fractions must be in the form (-)x/y where x may be a bigger number than y:
- Correct: -4/3
- Incorrect: 1(1/-3)
- Bracket multiplication e.g. (4)(5) is NOT allowed.
- If an exponent is negative it must be written as a fraction:
- Correct: 2/x^2
- Incorrect: 2x^(-2)
- Correct: x^(-7/2) * 3/2
- Incorrect: 3/2 * x^(-7/2)
- Answers must be simplified:
- Correct: -32/x^5
- Incorrect: -12/x^5 - 20/x^5
- e.g. for y = x^(-1/2) * x^3
- Correct: x^(3/2) * (-1/2) + 3 * x^(3/2)
- Incorrect: (5/2) * x^(3/2)
See Appendix A for basic differentiation rules.
*On failure to connect the screen will read error. Pressing a button will solve the module.