On the Subject of Diamonds
Diamonds are an expert’s best friend.
- A “Diamonds” module consists of a section split into two displays. The top-left corner indicates a clue number, the rest of the display will display a crossword clue.
- There are three diamond buttons at the top of the module. A left arrow, a submit button, and a right arrow.
- Submit the only word in the selection that does NOT show up on the crossword to defuse the module.
Your defuser will have 6 or 7 crossword clues. If it is necessary to clarify, the color of the number indicates whether the word goes across or down.
- If the number is red, the clue is across.
- If the number is blue, the clue is down.
- Standard crossword rules apply when filling in the diamond: Left to Right, Top to Bottom.
- Use the pattern of the diamond below that is labeled with the same digit as the leftmost digit of the serial number.
Once the diamond has been solved, ask your defuser to press the submit button. (The button labeled with a circle.)
- The clues will be replaced by a set of four words. The clue number will be replaced with a countdown timer, counting down from 20 seconds.
- Pressing the left and right arrow buttons will cycle between these four words.
- Press the submit button when the slide is on the only word from the selection of four that is NOT in the solved diamond.
- Submitting the correct word will solve the module.
- Submitting the incorrect word or letting the timer reach zero will result in a strike. The module will reset and generate a new set of clues.