On the Subject of Digital Dials
*Twist* *Twist* *Twist* *Twist*.
Step 1: Initial Positions
Take the 3 digit number from the large screen and follow the steps below:
- A: Add the 1st digit of the Serial Number to the 1st digit.
- B: Add the 2nd digit of the Serial Number to the 2nd digit.
- C: Add the 3rd digit of the Serial Number to the 3rd digit. If the Serial Number doesn't have one, use the number of ports.
- D: Multiply all 3 numbers together and modulo by 1000
- E: If the number has less than 3 digits, add zeros to the front of the number until you have 3 digits.
- F: Set the 1st dial to the 1st digit.
- G: Set the 2nd dial to the 2nd digit.
- H: Set the 3rd dial to the 3rd digit.
Step 2: Final Positions
For each 2 digit number that is displayed on the screens currently, go to the corresponding table below for each screen.
Use the interesection of the 2 digits on the table to get a 1 digit number. Then add the initial position of the dial to this number, modulo 10.
Set each dial to the number it calculated. This is the final position of the dial.