On the Subject of the Dreamcipher
I'm not awake enough for this nonsense. I'm going back to bed.
- A sequence of glyphs will be displayed along the bottom half of the circular screen. Some of the glyphs in the sequence correspond to letters of the English alphabet; the other glyphs are decoys.
- To figure out which glyphs map to which letters, refer to "Recreating the Glyph Alphabet" on the next page.
- Afterwards, to obtain the decrypted word, convert each glyph on the module back to a letter in order of appearance. Treat outlined versions of glyphs the same as their filled counterparts, and ignore any glyphs that are not in the glyph alphabet.
- The decrypted word will always be a valid English word between 8 and 15 characters in length.
- While in display mode, the outer arrow buttons cycle through the glyphs quickly, the X button stops the glyphs from automatically cycling, and the O button restarts the automatic cycling.
- After decrypting the word, press the ENTER button on the top half of the module to put the module into input mode.
- While in input mode, the outer arrow buttons cycle through letters, the O button inputs the highlighted letter, and the X button deletes the last letter that was input. The top half of the circular screen will show what has currently been entered.
- To leave input mode, press the ENTER button again. If any text has been entered, it will be submitted at this time.
- If the submitted text does not match the decrypted word, the module will strike and return to display mode. However, if no text was entered, the module will return to display mode without any penalty.