On the Subject of Elder Futhark
“Fehu, Uruz, Teiwaz, Hagalaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz”
Elder Futhark consists of 23 different runes. A sequence of 6 runes is present on the module. Your goal is to press the correct runes in the correct sequence.
- First, identify the names of the runes in the sequence (see Appendix RAIDO).
- Generate a keyword for every rune in the sequence (see Appendix KENAZ).
- Finally, encrypt the names of the runes using the Vigenère Cipher (see Appendix WUNJO).
- The active rune is highlighted in white. Input the encrypted name of the active rune using the 23 runestones (see Appendix RAIDO).
- If you click on a wrong runestone, the active rune resets. In order to solve the module, every rune’s encrypted name must be successfully entered using the runestones.
Appendix KENAZ: Determining a keyword
In order to determine the keyword for any particular rune, follow this list top to bottom. In each step where the condition applies, obtain a number and convert it to a letter according to its zero-based alphabetic position (A=0, B=1, C=2 and so on). Drop the fractional part in every division calculation.
|The rune’s name contains an E or an O||(last digit of the serial number + 10) % 26|
|The rune is in an even position in the sequence||(number of modules on the bomb ÷ number of letters in the serial number × number of port plates) % 26|
|The rune is in the 3rd or 6th position in the seq.||(number of unlit indicators)! % 26|
(note: “!” denotes the factorial function)
|The length of the rune’s name is less than 5||(number of indicators + number of battery holders) % 26|
|Always||position of the rune − 1|
|Always||(length of the name of the rune × 10) % 26|
|Always||(rune’s position + the length of the name of the rune) % 26|