On the Subject of Encryption Lingo
I leckon this lodule will go lell with Letirement.
- A five-letter word has been randomly chosen and must be guessed. Query the solution word to disarm the module.
- A 3 by 3 grid of buttons contains the letters of the English alphabet in various encodings. Pressing the up and down arrows will scroll through three different pages of letters.
- To query a word, spell it out by pressing the buttons labeled with the encoded letter, and press the QUERY button. The button labeled DEL will delete the last letter from your input. The five screens at the bottom show your current input.
- All queries must be valid words. Failing to query a valid word, or querying a word that is not five letters long will incur a strike.
- Pressing the query button will cause the five LEDs below the screens to change color.
- Letters marked with a green LED are in the correct position.
- Letters marked with a yellow LED are present in the word, but in the wrong position.
- Letters marked with a red LED are not present in the word.
- You may view past queries by pressing the left and right arrows. The five screens will show the queried word in its respective encoding, as well as the result of the query.
- Upon querying the correct word, the screens will display the word, and the module will disarm.