On the Subject of Face Off
It’s about bombs, it’s about modules, we stay winning, we use solvers.
- This module contains a rhombicuboctahedron, which is a polyhedron with 18 square faces and 8 triangular faces, for a total of 26. Each face contains a symbol.
- The 6 buttons along the bottom can be used to freely rotate the rhombicuboctahedron.
- Use the color of the 3 buttons along the left as the row and the color of the 3 buttons along the right as the column in the table below to obtain a word.
- Take the 20 letters of the alphabet that are not in this word. If the first digit of the serial number is even, reverse them. If the last digit of the serial number is even, place the letters after the word, doing the opposite if the last digit is odd.
- Observe the unfolded rhombicuboctahedron to the right. The purple circle represents the position of the LED (to assist with folding). Associate each face of this net in reading order with the corresponding letter in the rearranged alphabet.
- Each symbol corresponds to a letter. Exactly one face contains a letter that does not match up with the mapping to the net.
- Find the letter in the center of the gap between the real and fake letter going forwards through the alphabet, looping around if necessary. Do this once more, but this time going backwards. Take the alphabetic positions of these letters, and add 1 to each of them.
- Press the red button when the total seconds remaining on the bomb’s timer is a multiple of exactly one of these numbers to solve the module. Submitting at any other time will strike. Submitting when the total seconds remaining is less than the lower number will simultaneously strike and solve the module.