On the Subject of Faerie Fires
Dancing and singing is the faeries way.
Click the surface of the module and observe the way the 6 faeries behave.
What the Faeries do
- The faeries appear on the module in a specific order. Observe the order they appear in.
- They also sing when they appear. Observe the pitch of their voice in ascending order.
- The serial number is something the faeries like.
Solving the module
- After the faeries have finished their dance, click the surface and they will scuttle into their now illuminated houses.
- Press the houses in the order the faeries appeared in at specific times.
- Clicking the surface will make the faeries dance again.
When to knock on the door
- The faeries have a very strict sleep schedule. Only knock on the door when the last digit of the seconds on the timer equals their free time.
To calculate the free time of a faerie, do the following:
- Take the nth serial number character, where n is equal to their spot in the song, and append the first letter of their color.*
- Convert this Base36 number to Base 10 and apply the median difference to it.
- *Color names are: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Cyan, Magenta.
- Take any number and calculate the absolute differences of their internal neighbouring digits.
- Repeat until 1 digit remains.
- Example: 1294 -> (12)(29)(94) 175 -> (17)(75) 62 -> 4