On the Subject of Finite Loop
Who knew your past self could be your worst enemy?
This module consists of a set of 25 rooms where certain rooms contain one of six encrypted letters. To solve the module, submit the correct solution word. This module works on a “time loop” system, where whenever you deselect the module, the module will do what’s called a “soft reset”. Selecting the module starts recording your actions and replays your previous actions from prior soft resets. If you wish to clear all soft resets (doing so is known as a “hard reset”), hit the large button twice in Room C4. Note that the rooms and therefore the solution do not change upon a hard reset.
When moving through rooms, do not use red or black arrows. All other colors are fine.
Types of Rooms
- Base Rooms, which are consistent regardless of the layout of the rooms.
- Intersections, rooms which have doors which can be opened by using your ability to reset.
- Endings, rooms which are dead ends but often contains an encrypted letter.
- Boring Rooms, used as pathways between more “interesting” rooms.
- Middle Room at C3, this is where you start upon a soft reset and where your final answer is submitted.
- Diagram Room at C2, it has a screen which shows both the layout of the rooms and where the good endings are or what types of intersections there are. You can toggle between the two views by flipping the switch.
- Button Room at C4, it has a button which when pressed twice will initiate a hard reset.
- Buttons, which when held open a door to a new room.
- Knob, which when in a specific direction opens a specific door.
- Panel, which has buttons and a display, where more buttons are held means more doors that are open.
- “Duality”, where the door which is opened is determined via the “parity” of the number of soft resets which have occurred. In other words, the door which is opened switches whenever a soft reset occurs.
LAB NOTICE: The Duality room has been difficult to maintain, while we believe it works well we do not know for certain. While the room is almost certainly safe, proceed with caution.