On the Subject of Follow the Leader
Child’s play. Just follow the leader. Only if you fail to follow, the penalty is somewhat more explosive.
This module contains 8-12 wires connecting numerically labeled plugs in a loop. Each wire leads from one plug to another plug in clockwise order. In this manual, wires are numbered according to the plug they lead from; a wire from plug 1 to plug 2 is considered to be “wire 1”, while a wire from plug 12 to plug 1 is considered to be “wire 12”.
Progress through the module by first cutting the starting wire, then cutting each applicable wire in the order of the sequence. Each wire will need to be either cut or left uncut based on the state of the previous wire(s) in the sequence. Avoid cutting wires out of sequence.
Determining the starting wire
Follow the first rule below that applies:
- If an RJ-45 port is present and there is a wire leading from plug 4 directly to plug 5, begin at that wire.
- Otherwise, if there is a wire that begins at a plug matching the number of batteries on the bomb, begin with that wire.
- Otherwise, if there is a wire that begins at a plug matching the first numeral of the serial number, begin at that wire.
- Otherwise, if there is a lit indicator with the label CLR, disregard all further instructions and cut all wires present on this module in descending numerical order.
- If none of the above apply, the starting wire is the wire earliest in numerical order.