On the Subject of Follow the Leader
Child’s play. Just follow the leader. Only if you fail to follow, the penalty is somewhat more explosive.
This module contains 8-12 wires connecting numerically labeled plugs in a looping sequence. Each wire leads from one plug to the next plug that contains a wire in ascending numerical order. A wire leading from plug 1 is considered to be “wire 1”.
Progress through the module by first determining the starting wire, then checking whether to cut each wire in the sequence. Each wire will need to be either cut or left uncut based on the state of the previous wire(s) in the sequence.
Determine Start Position
Follow the first rule below that applies:
- If an RJ-45 port is present and there is a wire leading from plug 4 directly to plug 5, begin at that wire.
- Otherwise, if there is a wire that begins at a plug matching the number of batteries on the bomb, begin with that wire.
- Otherwise, if there is a wire that begins at a plug matching the first numeral of the serial number, begin at that wire.
- Otherwise, if there is a lit indicator with the label CLR, disregard all further instructions and cut all wires present on this module in descending numerical order.
- If none of the above apply, the start position is the plug containing a wire earliest in numerical order.