On the Subject of Following Orders
This is the first module that wants you to succeed so badly, it’s yelling the answer at you!
- On the module, there is a switch that can turn a speaker on or off.
- This speaker will relay three to five “shouts” that will tell you directions.
- There is also a directional pad on the module that will move you from tile to tile on the five by five hieroglyph grid.
- The hieroglyphs denoting the rows and columns will glow to show you which tile you are currently on.
- Ten of these twenty-five tiles are trapped, and only one of the tiles will solve the module upon landing on it.
- The shouts will lead you around the trapped tiles to the exit tile based on the table below.
- Stepping on a trapped tile will reset all special tiles and randomly generate ten new trapped tiles, and a new exit. The previous trapped tiles will briefly glow red.
- The table on the next page will ask questions regarding the sequence of shouts from the speaker, and your current location.
- To read this table, first, you will find which row and column have the most criteria present in the shouts you received.
- You will then move in the direction with the most criteria, to the first space in that direction that has the hieroglyph with the most criteria.
- Every non-trapped tile will give you a different set of shouts that will always lead you in the correct direction towards the goal, so if you ever take a step in the wrong direction and survive, the new shouts will lead you in the correct direction.
- In the case of a tie, find the square on which you’re standing on the module and find that same location on the 5 by 5 table below. Use the direction or glyph that cross at that square depending on what’s tied.
- In this table:
- Direction refers to the word being said in each specific instance.
- Voice refers to one of the three possible people giving directions: a man, a woman, and a child.
- Shout refers to a specific instance of a voice saying a direction.
- ONCE IN A BLUE MOON: Microsoft Sam will just tell you the destination.