On the Subject of Forget Us Not
Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. -Orwell, 1984
- This module consists of a red background with a number pad from 0 to 9, and an LCD Screen along its bottom. If there is a 2nd LCD Screen above the ‘0’ key, then you are looking at a different module.
- This module cannot be solved until every other module on the bomb, except any module found on its ignore list, has been solved. Pressing any of the keys before this module has reached its entry state will result in a strike.
- Before any solves on the bomb have taken place, a number between one and the number of solvable modules on the bomb (minus the total count of modules present from the ignore list), will appear on the LCD Screen. This is the stage number corresponding to the next solved non-ignored module. After the next non-ignored module is solved, you must locate the 3 digit number corresponding with that stage in Appendix A.
- The correct 3 digit number to use will depend on the name of the module that was just solved. Furthermore, you will need to manipulate the components of this 3 digit number, using the following rules, to arrive at a single 1 digit number to input during the corresponding stage of the solve sequence once Forget Us Not has reached its entry state.
- Step 1: Use the edgework on the bomb to determine which of the following conditions applies to your Forget Us Not module. If you reach a negative number after applying the offset, drop the negative sign.
- If your serial number contains 4 letters and 2 numbers: subtract the number of batteries on the bomb from the first digit of the 3 digit number you obtained from Appendix A.
- If your serial number contains 3 letters and 3 numbers: subtract the number of batteries on the bomb from the second digit of the 3 digit number you obtained from Appendix A.
- If your serial number contains 2 letters and 4 numbers: subtract the number of batteries on the bomb from the third digit of the 3 digit number you obtained from Appendix A.
- Otherwise, Use the first condition.
- Step 2: Next, take the other 2 digits that you did not alter in the 3 digit number you obtained from Appendix A, and subtract the least significant digit from the most significant digit. If this operation yields a negative value, drop the negative sign.
- Step 3: Lastly, add your result from Step 1 to your result in Step 2, taking only the least significant digit if this sum exceeds 9.