On the Subject of Function Identification
Does this module function as intended?
This needy module will show a random graph of a function upon activation. The defuser’s goal is to find the type of the function from the graph and submit it.
Controlling the module
- Use the left and right arrows at the bottom of the module to scroll through different types of functions.
- Click the function type to submit your answer
The module will deactivate if you guess the function type correctly. Upon an incorrect submit, you will get a strike. The module will not deactivate.
- Only the types of functions listed below can appear on the module.
- Logarithmic functions are always in the form of y = logax, where a > 1, to avoid confusion between logarithmic graphs and exponential graphs.
- Exponential functions are never in the form of y = -ax, where 0 ≤ a ≤ 1, to avoid confusion between logarithmic graphs and exponential graphs.
Types of functions
The module presents the following types of functions.