On the Subject of Gryphons
Gryphons are majestic, powerful, and cuddly. This one has an explosive taste in fashion.
- This module displays a changeable picture of a gryphon, as well as their name and age. There are buttons on the left which change their bird type, buttons on the right which change their cat type, buttons on the bottom which change the accessory they're wearing, and a white submit button above them.
- For this module, an alphanumeric character's value is equal to its numeric value if it's a digit, or its position in the English alphabet if it's a letter.
- Start in the cell in Table A equal to the gryphon's age counting in reading order (1 would be Eagle/Tiger, 2 is Falcon/Tiger, etc.), then count a number of cells forward in reading order equal to one of the serial number's character's values, as determined below by the gryphon's name. Wrap around if necessary.
- If the gryphon's name has a number of letters that is a multiple of four, or the name contains no I's AND no E's, use the serial number's first character, otherwise use the serial number's fifth character.
- After this, move down a number of rows equal to another one of the serial number's character's values, as determined below by the gryphon's name. Again, wrap around if necessary.
- If the gryphon's name is shorter than six letters or contains a Z or U, use the serial number's second character, otherwise use the serial number's fourth character.
- The cell you finish in will correspond to the gryphon's bird type and cat type, and will also contain a number. Add this number to the gryphon's age, and add that sum to the values of the third and sixth characters in the serial number as above. Take this number modulo 6 (that is, get the remainder of the number divided by 6), and use this number on List B to find which accessory the gryphon should be wearing.
- Use the arrows to change the gryphon's type and accessory, then use the submit button to submit your answer. On a correct answer, the module will be disarmed, otherwise a strike will be given.