On the Subject of Hieroglyphics
Desecrate this module at your own risk. Death will come on swift wings to whomsoever fails to disarm it...
- The module consists of a large, circular seal, two lock buttons and a wall of hieroglyphics.
- To disarm the module, you must configure the locks correctly and then press the seal at the correct time.
- The top row of small hieroglyphics show the five types of hieroglyphic that will appear on the module.
- The next three rows have an archaeological number attached to them. This is the sum of the hieroglyphics in the row.
- The first hieroglyphic in the 3-character row will always have the value 1.
- Each of the other four hieroglyphics will have a different value from 2–5.
- The four larger hieroglyphics determine the lock configuration.
- The two hieroglyphics on the left refer to the Anubis (left) lock and the two on the right refer to the Horus (right) lock.
- Use the below table to determine which configuration each of the locks should be set to. Change the lock position by pressing the button.
|2 & 3||Left||Centre|
|2 & 4||Centre||Right|
|2 & 5||Right||Left|
|3 & 4||Centre||Left|
|3 & 5||Left||Right|
|4 & 5||Right||Centre|
- To calculate the seal press time, take the first hieroglyphic to appear on this list that also appears on the module:
- Male, Bull, Urn, Eye of Horus, Ankh, Goose, Lion, Water, Head of Cow, Mosaic, Lasso, Two Reeds, Scales, Bone
- Count all appearances of that hieroglyphic and multiply it by its value.
- Press the seal when the digital root of the product is equal to the last digit of the second timer to disarm the module.
- Pressing the seal at an incorrect time or with the locks configured incorrectly will cause a strike.