On the Subject of Hinges
Make sure the module doesn't fly at your face!
- This module has eight hinge positions. Some hinges are attached, and some hinges are removed.
- The module is disarmed over multiple stages. Repeat the following for each stage:
- If this is the first stage, the starting position is the bottom right corner of the module.
- Move off the starting position, clockwise around the module, to the first removed hinge. Assign the Roman numeral I to that position.
- From position I, reverse direction to go counterclockwise. Assign a Roman numeral sequentially to each position with a removed hinge. Skip attached hinges.
- After all removed hinge positions have a Roman numeral, continue counterclockwise to the next attached hinge. Assign the next Roman numeral to that position.
- From that position, reverse direction to go clockwise. Assign a Roman numeral sequentially to each position with an attached hinge. Skip removed hinges.
- Remember the position with Roman numeral VIII. This will be the starting position for the next stage.
- Using the Roman numerals assigned to the top two hinges, look up a letter on the table below. Then, match that letter to a sequence of 8 Arabic numerals on the paired list below.
- Using that sequence, press each attached hinge, in the order its Arabic numeral appears in the sequence. The positions are numbered 1 to 8, going clockwise from the top left corner, as illustrated. An incorrect press will incur a strike. Completing the sequence correctly will remove a hinge. If all hinges are removed, the module is disarmed. Otherwise, the next stage begins.
||Top Hinge on the left|