On the Subject of Identifrac
Psychedelic structural chaos
The module displays a cubic fractal and two overlapping diamonds, segmented into 7 smaller diamonds. In order to solve the module, reduce the fractal to its seed and submit that.
The fractal originates from a 2×2×2 grid. This grid is called the seed. To obtain the next iteration of a grid, the grid from the previous iteration is copied onto each individual cell of the seed, applying the transformation given by that respective cell in the seed. Ignore empty cells. Once this process has been repeated an infinite amount of times, a true fractal has been obtained.
Each active cubic cell in the seed has a value. This value consists of 5 separate values:
- If the grid must be flipped along the x-axis: 1. Otherwise: 0
- If the grid must be flipped along the y-axis: 1. Otherwise: 0
- If the grid must be flipped along the z-axis: 1. Otherwise: 0
- If the grid must be rotated 90 degrees clockwise when seen from the front: 1. Otherwise: 0
- If the grid must be rotated 120 degrees clockwise when seen from the top-right-front corner: 1. If it needs 240 degrees: 2. Otherwise: 0
The transforms should be applied in order.
This value will be 5 digits. To convert these to answers, use your value ABCDE and turn it into 24A+12B+6C+3D+E. Divide this value by 7 and round down for the first digit and modulo this value by 7 for the second. Use this digit pair as the answer for that cell of the seed. Empty cells are labeled with digit pair 66. Cells are read from left to right, then top to bottom, then front to back. Front is interpreted as outwards from the bomb. The buttons are numbered from 0 to 6 starting from the top right going in an S shape. After submitting all 16 digits, you answer will be checked.