On the Subject of Isocolored Squares
Patterns encourage conformity. Conformity is the opposite of creativity. Break the pattern, and creativity shall flow freely.
See Appendix offor identifying modules in Colored Squares family.
- At the start, if there are not exactly three colors that occur only once, you are looking at a different module.
- To disarm the module, make no rules in the Pattern Index true.
- Pressing a square will cause that square to turn white and all its orthogonally and diagonally adjacent squares to change color according to the Transition Diagrams.
- To find the correct Transition Diagram, take the last digit of the serial number for the first move. After each move, the next Transition Diagram used will be the number of moves used, plus the last digit of the serial number, all modulo 10.
- If 5 moves have been made since the last reset and the module is not solved, the module will reset and a strike will be recorded.