On the Subject of Keywords
Thank goodness they left a post-it with the answers- or well... half of them...
In this module you will find a display with the first half of an 8-character long key, and a sticky note with the last half of 2 words.
First, you need to know two two-digit numbers, the first number is the first two digits that appear in the serial number if reading from left to right, which in this manual, will be referred to as number 'A', and the other number is the first two digits that appear in the serial number if reading from right to left. which in this manual, will be referred to as number 'B'.
When you know the values of 'A' and 'B', do the following:
- Completing the key
- Go to the table on the next page and use 'A' to find the last four letters of the key.
- Join it with the four letters on the display to get the full key.
- "Associate" the first letter of key with the number 1, the second letter with the number 2, and repeat until you get to the eighth letter.
- Completing the words
- Go to the table on the next page and use 'B' to find the first four letters of the words.
- Join it with one of the two four-letter half-words on the sticky note to get the full words. Repeat with the other half-word. You now have two words that will use when inputting the answers.
- Inputting the answers
- Write one of the two words, but everytime you use a letter that is in the key, use the "associated" number instead.
- If the answer was correct, the word you used in the sticky note will get a strikethrough.
- For example, if the key is "KEYWORDS" and the word you want to input is "COOLWORD", you need to input "C55L4567".
- Note: The module will check to see if the answer was correct when the whole word has been written, not when an error is made.