On the Subject of LED Encryption
Ooooh, shiny lights and buttons. Touchy touchy!
- Two to five LEDs are installed at the top of the module, representing stages. To disarm the module, these stages must be solved in order.
- Four buttons with four different letters are shown. The letters change at each stage.
- The current stage is indicated by a number in the top left of the module.
- The current stage’s multiplier is indicated by that stage’s LED according to the following table:
Red Green Blue Yellow Purple Orange 2 3 4 5 6 7
- Assign each letter of the alphabet to the numbers 0–25 (A = 0, B = 1, C = 2, etc.).
- A button is correct if its letter value, multiplied by the current stage’s multiplier, modulo 26, is equal to the value of the letter on its diagonally opposite button.
- At each stage, press a correct button. There may be more than one possible answer.