On the Subject of Laundry
Sorting and folding are the least of your worries.
All the messes from the previous explosions must be cleaned up. Using the Laundry Symbol Reference L4UHDR9 and the rules below, determine the correct setting on the machine panel. Once satisfied, insert a coin. On error, a sock will be lost, and a strike gained.
Determine the piece of clothing that has to be cleaned with the tables below. For all values higher than 5, subtract 6 from the total until the new number is less than 6. For all negative values, add 6 until you have a value between 0–5.
- The Clothing Item (table L41) is determined by the number of unsolved modules (excluding needy modules) + total amount of indicators.
- The Item Material (table L42) is determined by the total number of ports + the number of solved modules – battery holders.
- The Item Color (table L43) is determined by the last digit of serial number + batteries.
Use washing instructions based on the material, drying instructions based on the color, and use ironing and special instructions based on the item. But, prioritize the following rules from top to bottom:
- If the color is Clouded Pearl ALWAYS use non-chlorine bleach.
- If the item is made out of leather, or in the color Jade Cluster, it can’t go above 120°F. To be safe ALWAYS wash at 80°F.
- If the item is a corset or the material is corduroy then use special instructions based on material.
- If the material is wool or the color is Star Lemon Quartz ALWAYS dry with high heat.
- If a letter of the clothing material matches a letter in your serial code, then the color takes over the special instructions.
- BUT if there are exactly 4 batteries in 2 holders and a there is a lit BOB indicator, ignore all other rules. Bob did the work for you. Just throw in the coin. Thanks BOB.
Input the solution through putting The Washing Symbol top-left, The Drying top-right, Ironing on the top display and Special on the bottom display.