On the Subject of Lightspeed
“Mr La Forge, set phasers to explode…”
- The module contains a Starfleet LCARS display with five pages, a home screen and a main display. Navigate the five pages using the buttons in the left column. Click the button of the active screen to return to the home screen.
- To defuse the module, determine the warp speed, destination planet and ranking Starfleet officer before encrypting the data and engaging engines.
- The three bar graphs represent your levels of antimatter and dilithium as well as your shields status. The stardate takes the form NNNNN.N. The number after the decimal point is referred to as the sub-stardate.
- First, calculate which quadrant of the galaxy you are in; Alpha, Beta, Gamma or Delta. This is determined by the four-point star on the home screen.
- One of the four star points will be green. This is the correct quadrant. Read clockwise from the NW point.
- Using the table below, calculate the reading order of the quadrants:
Determining Warp Speed
- If you are in the Alpha quadrant, travel at the third highest available warp speed.
- Otherwise, travel at the highest available warp speed.
- The highest potential warp speed is calculated by the amount of antimatter you have on board. Every 10% of antimatter equates to one warp speed.
- Additionally, if you are NOT in the Delta quadrant, reduce your warp speed by one for every 25% your shields are below 100%.
- Otherwise, if you ARE in the Delta quadrant, reduce your warp speed by one for every 15% your shields are below 100%.
- If the highest available warp speed falls below 1, travel at warp 1.