On the Subject of Lunchtime
Your boss has tasked you with buying his lunch. He’s given you some money and shoved you out the door, and… what’s that in the bag he gave you? A bomb? Oh, come on.
Buy your boss something he likes for lunch, or he’ll blow you up. If only he wasn’t such a picky eater…
The amount of money given to you is (randomly generated) shown via a sticker on the module. Your job is to buy the highest-priced meal for your boss that he likes without going over your budget. He may also want you back by a certain time.
Follow these rules in order to know if you have any spare change with you to add to your boss’s budget (expert).
- If there are more than 4 batteries, add $0.61
- Otherwise If there is a lit FRK indicator and no parallel ports, add $0.43
- Otherwise If there are more than 2 different types of ports, add $0.18
- Otherwise If there are both FRQ and CAR indicators (lit or unlit), subtract $1.00
- Otherwise If the bomb’s serial number contains a vowel, add $0.37
- Otherwise If none of these apply, do not change the amount of money.
The number of batteries determine what categories your boss likes and doesn’t like.
- AA>D = likes sandwiches, not entree plates.
- D>AA = likes entree plates, not sandwiches.
- AA=D likes both entree plates and sandwiches.
- All food in the “Other” category is assumed to be liked until stated otherwise.
What Foods Your Boss Likes
- If there is at least one of a lit SND or CLR, or unlit MSA or BOB, your boss does not like vegetables and will not eat foods marked with a V.
- Otherwise If the total number of indicators and ports adds up to 5 or more, your boss has a dairy allergy and cannot eat foods marked with a D.
- Otherwise If your budget is over $6.00 and there are less than 2 batteries, your boss doesn’t like any foods with 2 vowels in a row.