On the Subject of Mafia
Godfather is him, Mafia is her, kill them, save them. I’m innocent! ….AHHHHH!
In this module, there are 8 named people that sit around a gallows. It’s your job to deduce who is the Godfather, whom you then have to execute. To figure out who is the Godfather, follow the following instructions:
- Take all the values of the serial number, changing letters into numbers by their placement in the alphabet (A=1, B=2 etc.), and add them together.
- Starting from the top of the list below, count this many names. Then keep going until you get to a name that’s on the module. If you go past #50, loop back around to #1.
- Rule out people by crossing off the name from the previous step and going around the circle by skipping people equal to the last number of the serial. Go clockwise if you have less than 2 indicators and counter-clockwise otherwise.
- Continue around the circle, skipping over people you have ruled out, until you have one person left.
- Find the name that’s left in the table and look at their “Innocence Condition”. If they do not meet the condition, they are the Godfather and should be executed. If they are found innocent, execute the person referred to in the “Otherwise” column.