On the Subject of the Inverted Maroon Cipher
I bet you will feel like a maroon trying to tackle this cipher.
On the module, you will see 3 screens, a keyboard, 2 buttons with a letter on it, and a submit button that displays the current page you're on.
Pressing the right arrow takes you to the next page. Pressing the left arrow takes you to the previous page. There is a total of 3 pages.
On page 1, the top screen shows a 6 letter encrypted word, the middle screen shows some numbers, and the bottom screen shows a 3 letter key.
Concatenate the words in this order: Page 2 Top Screen, Page 2 Middle Screen, Page 2 Bottom Screen, Page 3 Top Screen, Page 3 Middle Screen, Page 3 Bottom Screen. Remove any duplicate letters from the key (keeping each letter’s first occurrence). This will be referred to as the Alphabet Key.
Step 1: Slidefair Cipher
For this you will need the encrypted word on the top screen on page 1, the Alphabet Key, and the Slidefair Key on the bottom screen on page 1. Write a 2nd alphabet underneath the Alphabet Key.
Split the encrypted word into 3 letter pairs and do the following for each letter pair:
- Shift the bottom alphabet so that the Nth letter of the Slidefair Key is in the left most column.
- Find the 1st letter of the letter pair in the Alphabet Key.
- Find the 2nd letter of the letter pair in the bottom alphabet.
- If both letters are in the same column, replace them with the letters in the opposite column within the same row.
- Otherwise, replace each letter with the letter that is in the same row but in the column of the other letter.
Encrypted Word: PSYOGQ
Alphabet Key: CENTURYSKIMPBLOWFHJXGAZDVQ
Slidefair Key: UIA