On the Subject of Mazematics
Wax lyrical about mazes mathematical.
- To solve the module, you must modify your current value to be equal to the goal value.
- Modify your current value by navigating the maze, moving from cell to adjacent cell. Each cell will add to or subtract from your current value.
- You must avoid having your current value be equal to one of a selection of restricted values, based on the restriction clause found on page 2.
Activating The Module
- Before any interaction occurs, the module displays your initial value. Click the central screen to begin.
- Once active, the screen begins to cycle through eight images of shapes, and two numeric values. (Activating the module also selects a random maze coordinate - see the next section for details.)
- The value of each shape is equal to the last digit of the timer at the time it is being displayed (excluding decimal places). These values will help you navigate the maze.
- The value displayed when the last digit of the timer is a 0 is the goal value. A value displayed at any other time is the current value.
Navigating The Maze
- Each cell of the maze has a numeric value from 1-9 and a positive or negative designation, depending on the shape and sign contained within.
- A starting coordinate for the maze is not chosen until the module is activated. At the moment of activation, a starting maze coordinate is randomly selected. A value from 1-9 is added to or subtracted from the initial value, as determined by the shape and sign of the cell at the starting coordinate.
- From this point on, the maze can be manually navigated using the arrow buttons on the module. Each time a move is made to a new maze cell, the value of the new cell is again added or subtracted from the current value.