On the Subject of Mazeswapper
At least the walls are visible this time.
This module consists of a 6×6 grid of tiles, each of which has up to three walls.
Selecting any pair of these tiles will swap the positions of the two.
One of the tiles is dark blue, this tile is called the "source".
If a tile can be reached from the source it will turn blue, otherwise it will turn white.
To solve the module, turn all tiles blue.
Clues to a particular solution
Valid solutions may be found that do not satisfy the following conditions, but there is always one that satisfies them all.
For each group of three consecutive serial number characters from left to right:
- Find each character in its corresponding grid, as shown at the top of the module.
- Calculate the number of moves, in reading order, that it takes to travel from the position of the first character to the second relative to their respective grids.
- Make the same number of moves, in reading order, from the third character on its respective grid.
- If the position has already had a marked tile assigned to it, move to the next position on the grid in alphanumeric order (0-Z).
- Assign a marked tile to the final position:
- If no tiles have been assigned, the source is assigned to that position on the module.
- Othwerwise, assign the tile marked with the solid that corresponds to the format of each character on the module from left to right:
- Uppercase letter- Icosahedron
- Lowercase letter- Tetrahedron
- Number- Sphere
- Selecting a marked tile will display the number of walls, not including edges or doubles, in the row and column of its assigned position on the displays at the right of the module, though which screen shows which is unknown.