On the Subject of Melody Sequencer
Harmony and melody... creating both is the musician’s greatest feat.
|Part 1||D4, F4, A4, F4, A♯4, F4, A4, F4|
|Part 2||D4, F4, A4, C5, D5, A4, D5, C5|
|Part 3||F5, D5, F5, A5, A♯5, F5, A♯5, A5|
|Part 4||G5, E5, G5, E5, C5, E5, C5, A4|
|Part 5||G4, E4, G4, E4, A4, E4, A4, F4|
|Part 6||A♯4, F4, A♯4, G4, C5, G4, C5, A4|
|Part 7||D5, A4, D5, G4, C5, G4, C5, F4|
|Part 8||A♯4, F4, A♯4, E4, A4, E4, A4, C4|
To disarm this module, listen to 4 given parts of a melody, arrange them in the correct order, and fill in the 4 missing parts. The table on the side shows the correct order of the parts and the correct sequence of notes for every part.
Selecting a part
- Use the up and down arrows to select a part to listen to.
Listening to a part
- Press the green button to listen to the selected part.
- The upper screen displays the notes as they are played.
Moving a part
- To move a part to another position, press the yellow button while you are at the part you want to move. The screen tells you that you selected that part.
- Use the up and down arrows to move to the part you want your selected part to move to and press the yellow button again.
- If the moved part is in the incorrect position this will incur a strike.
Creating a part
- Select a part you want to create and press the red button. The upper screen will say “Record”.
- Use the 24 black and white buttons to input the correct sequence of notes for that part.
- Pressing an incorrect note will incur a strike.
- If your input is correct, that part is saved.
The module is solved once all parts are created and in the correct positions.