On the Subject of Mineswapper
Yo dawg, I heard you like bombs...
This module consists of a 6✕6 grid of tiles.
Each tile has a digit, an LED, and may or may not have a mine.
Selecting any pair of these tiles will swap the positions of the two.
For any given tile, if the number of mines on the tiles adjacent to it are equal to the digit on the tile, the LED on that tile will turn on.
Otherwise it will turn off.
To solve the module, turn on all 36 LEDs.
Clues to a particular solution
Valid solutions may be found that do not satisfy the following conditions, but there is always one that satisfies them all.
Fixed mines/spacesStarting from the top-left corner of the board, make a number of moves for each character in the serial number from left to right:
- If the character is a zero, move to the diametrically opposite space on the board unless this is the first character of the serial number, in which case stay in the top-left corner.
- If the character is a nonzero number, move that many spaces in reading order.
- If the character is a letter, move as many spaces in reading order as the alphabetic position of the letter.
- If the space you stop at is already assigned, move down the board until you land on an unassigned space, wrapping around to the top of the board if necessary.
- Assign the space to be a mine if the position of the character in the serial number is odd, or an empty space if it is even.