On the Subject of Modulus Manipulation
So many numbers to choose, yet only one is correct.
Use the first 3 characters in the serial number to form a 3-digit number; convert any letters to their numerical value modulus 10 (i.e. A = 1, B = 2, ... Z = 6). Make the following changes to the number in order based on all rule sets applicable, then submit the final number modulus 1000. If the final number is negative, submit 000.
- Modulus (denoted as %) is the remainder after dividing one number into another.
- Other Unsolved Modules is the number of other modules not yet completed excluding needy modules.
Other Unsolved Modules % 5 = 0
- If the bomb has more than one battery, add 400.
- If the serial number contains the number 3 or 6, subtract 40.
Other Unsolved Modules % 4 = 0
- If the bomb has at least one AA battery and at least one D battery, multiply by 2.
- If the serial number has 4 letters, subtract 290.
Other Unsolved Modules % 3 = 0
- If the bomb has more than three batteries, subtract 160.
- If the bomb has more lit indicators than unlit indicators, add 75.
Other Unsolved Modules % 2 = 0
- If the serial number has a vowel, add 340.
- If the bomb has a PS/2, RJ-45, or Serial port, add 180.
Other Unsolved Modules % 1 = 0
- If the bomb has at least one strike, subtract 45.
- If the bomb has any unlit indicators, subtract 15.
- If the last digit of the serial number is even, add 150.
- If the number of minutes remaining on the countdown timer is even (or 0), add 6.