On the Subject of Not Crazy Talk
It says nothing. Literally nothing. Blank. Nada.
- Text will be shown on a display.
- Determine which characters in the text are valid and count the total number of valid characters.
- Flip the switch up when the last digit of the bomb's seconds timer is the last digit of the total.
- The display will then cycle between four texts, each of which has a value from 1 to 9, the sum of which is value N.
- The target character is the Nth alphanumeric character in the text originally shown when the switch was down. (wrapping around to the beginning of the text if N is greater than the number of alphanumeric characters)
- Submit the target character in Morse code by holding down the switch:
- Releasing the switch within the the same tick of the bomb's timer in which it was held will add a dot to the entry.
- Releasing the switch after holding the switch across at least one tick of the bomb's timer will add a dash to the entry.
- The entry is automatically submitted if the switch is released for two real time seconds.
- If either the time when the switch is flipped up or the submitted morse code are wrong, both submissions are shown briefly before the module fully resets.
First Phase Validity Table
|Two or more D batteries||Numeric digits|
|Two or more unlit indicators||Present on the label of any present unlit indicator|
|Two or more lit indicators||Present on the label of any present lit indicator|
|Empty port plate present||Whitespace|
|Plate with three or more ports present||Consonants (including Y)|
|Six or more distinct port types||Non-alphanumeric symbols|
|Nine or more total ports||Vowels|
|No above condition is met||Present in the serial number|