On the Subject of Not Crazy Talk
It says nothing. Literally nothing. Blank. Nada.
- Text will be shown on a display.
- Determine which characters in the text are valid and count the total number of valid characters.
- Flip the switch up when the last digit of the bomb's seconds timer is the last digit of the total.
- The display will then cycle between four texts, each of which has a value from 1 to 9, the sum of which is value N.
- The target character is the Nth alphanumeric character in the text originally shown when the switch was down. (wrapping around to the beginning of the text if N is greater than the number of alphanumeric characters)
- Submit the target character in Morse code by holding down the switch:
- Releasing the switch within the the same tick of the bomb's timer in which it was held will add a dot to the entry.
- Releasing the switch after holding the switch across at least one tick of the bomb's timer will add a dash to the entry.
- The entry is automatically submitted if the switch is released for two real time seconds.
- If either the time when the switch is flipped up or the submitted morse code are wrong, both submissions are shown briefly before the module fully resets.
First Phase Validity Table(more than one can apply)
|Two or more D batteries||Numeric digits|
|Two or more unlit indicators||Present on the label of any present unlit indicator|
|Two or more lit indicators||Present on the label of any present lit indicator|
|Empty port plate present||Whitespace|
|Plate with three or more ports present||Consonants (including Y)|
|Six or more distinct port types||Non-alphanumeric symbols|
|Nine or more total ports||Vowels|
|No above condition is met||Present in the serial number|